We are pleased to announce a Teacher Training Workshop for those educators working in a classroom setting, called “Living with Autism.” American-based Senses Cultural NGO and Shokraneh Mavadat Jahani Institution in Iran have invited American and Iranian experts to share evidence-based strategies for use in classrooms that serve children with autism and related neurodevelopmental disorders.
This one-day training workshop will be held on December 5th, 2017 at Farahangsara Niavaran Cultural Center from 9 AM to 5 PM. Attendees will receive a certification of participation.
This event is organized with support of Psychiatry and Psychology Research Center-Tehran University of Medical Silences (TUMS).
The one-day workshop is structured as follows:
- Helping teachers understand how children with autism learn
- Functional approach to challenging behaviors
- Behavioral strategies in the classroom setting
- Classroom set-up for children with autism
- Speech & Language and Occupational Therapy strategies in the classroom
- Collaborating with parents
- Case Examples
The expert team members are listed below:
1) Mesbah Ansari Dogaheh, Honorary Expert Advisor, Counselor with U.N. Mission from Iran and certified Pivotal Response Training (PRT) therapist
2) Dr. Marsha Chinichian, PsyD
Director of Training and Development, Living with Autism
Post-Doctoral Scholar, Child Psychology, UC Davis MIND Institute
3) Melissa Mello, M.Ed., BCBA
International Early Start Denver Model Trainer and Project Manager, UC Davis MIND Institute
4) Dr. Laura Greiss Hess, PhD, OTR/L
Dominican University of California
Occupational Therapist with expertise in developmental disabilities and neurodevelopmental disorders
5) Dr. Kerrie Lemons Chitwood, CCC, SLP
California State University, Monterey Bay
Speech and Language Therapist with expertise in developmental disabilities and neurodevelopmental disorders
Autism and related neurodevelopmental disorders impact millions around the world, affecting all ethnicities, all ages and both genders. As educators, your job is very important. You can make a difference in the lives of these individuals and their families, and bring hope to the future.
Please start your registration today!
Fees: 3000,000 Rials- %10 Student discount
Bank Kart- ATM ; Shokraneh Mavadat Jahani,
Bank Sepah – Kamranieh Branch – 5892 1011 6207 0805