Senses is happy to announce that our media partner, International Museum of Women, which is now part of Global Fund for Women, is currently accepting submissions for their first joint exhibition, Imagining Equality: Your Voices on Human Rights.
Submissions of photography, video, audio, journalism, creative writing and more are accepted online through: 4/30/2014.
Be part of this extraordinary and important conversation. Submit your work online today!
What is Imagining Equality?
IMOW is creating a new online exhibition exploring your perspectives on women’s human rights and your hopes for the future. What have been the greatest victories and challenges for women in your community? What rights are you fighting for? Do you feel equal? What kind of world do you dream of?
As the UN prepares to create a new set of international development goals, IMOW wants your voices and ideas to spark a global conversation about a new decade for women’s human rights. What issues should be at the forefront as we imagine a new future for the world’s women?
Artists, filmmakers, photographers, musicians, writers are all encouraged to submit work. Contributions must be in English, and can come in any medium (see IMOW website for details). In addition, work must address a topic related to women’s human rights.
Your work and ideas could explore any aspect of equality and women’s human rights:
Explore these topics, or come up with your own.
Whatever the topic you choose, as part of your submission IMOW asks that you complete the following sentence:
Equality is ….
Why should you submit work?
Imagining Equality will showcase the diverse experiences and creative ideas of women from around the world. Submitting your work provides the opportunity to share your creativity with the museum’s global audience of over 50,000 monthly visitors.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Go to the museum’s submissions page and upload your work. More instructions are available at the link. If you have questions or trouble submitting, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUBMIT EARLY: Don’t wait until the last minute! Earlier submissions will have a greater chance of being selected.
- DO YOUR BEST: Make your contribution look as good as possible. Edit and review to make sure it’s complete. If submitting text, include an image for visual interest. If submitting visuals, include a detailed description of each image, video, or piece of art.
- TELL THE WHOLE STORY: Provide context and background for your work. For example, if submitting artwork, share information about your methods and/or sources of inspiration. For photographs, tell IMOW where, when, and why you took them.
- BE EASY TO REACH: Make it easy for IMOW to contact you. Be sure to include an email address you check regularly in your submission.
- GET PERSONAL: Tell IMOW about yourself by including a personal picture and short bio with your submission.
- WHAT TO SUBMIT: Get inspired! Visit MAMA: Motherhood Around the Globe and Muslima: Muslim Women’s Art & Voices for examples of work featured in IMOW’s recent online exhibitions.
For more information and details on the exhibition and submission process, please visit this page: http://imaginingequality.imow.org/
Senses is deeply thrilled about this new online, digitial exhibition, which will feature a diversity of women’s voices, opinions and artwork. We believe that women’s voices can be the force behind change for a more equitable and peaceful world.
Join the movement to bring about change and add your voice to this incredible new exhibition!