On January 6, 2016, a lively fundraising event was organized by and held at the home of Tata Monfared, founder and executive director of Senses Cultural.
Guests included over 50 members of the Greater Sacramento area Iranian community as well as honored guests and faculty from the UC Davis MIND including both its director and medical director.
The event introduced guests to the organization’s latest projects including collaborations with the MIND institute to facilitate ways of bringing comfort, improved treatment and better coping strategies to the families of children with autism spectrum disorder including fragile X syndrome.
Ms. Monfared and her guests from the MIND institute talked about their recent trip to Tehran, Iran to participate in the Autism Symposium (which Senses Cultural co-sponsored and helped organize) for the purpose of expanding Senses Cultural’s work to the Middle East and to launch efforts that will provide a better understanding of autism and fragile X syndrome and the complications that such neurodevelopmental disorders may cause.
Ms. Monfared elaborated on her vision of a scholarship program to help Iranian professionals who come from Iran for intensive training at the MIND Institute, a pioneering institution in studying neurodevelopmental disorders, so that when they return to Iran they can better provide support for patients and their families that is based on the latest scientific evidence. Approximately was donated or pledged by guests in order to support this scholarship program!
The event was accompanied by wonderful Persian food and traditional Persian live music!
Our heartfelt thanks to the following supporters,
- 1. Randi & Paul Hagerman
UC Davis Health System
University of California, Davis, School of Medicine
- 2. Pizza Guys Franchises, INC.
Shahpour & Mojgan Seydine
- 3. D & Development INC
Davood & Afsaneh Miri
- 4. Zocon Consulting Engineers, INC.
Toorak & Marjaneh Zokaie
- 5. Abe & Kianoush Koshfam
- 6. Nasser & Elaheh Gharaviram
- 7. Nancy D Fellmeth
- 8. Amir & Maggie Hamidi
- 9. Dr. Shirin Ghaheri-Davami
- 10. Ali & Susan Hosseinioun
- 11. Don & Mehri B. Alley
- 12. Mondana Etemad
- 13. Shahriar Monfared
- 14. Dr. Fereidun Hormozdiari
Our Special thanks to,
- 1. Leonard Abbeduto, Ph.D.
Director, UC Davis MIND Institute
- 2. Mondana Koshfam & Shiba Rahimi for their dedication and supports
- 3. Behrooz Badiee & Capture the Moment Photography
- 4. The outstanding Music performance of Abolhassan Mokhtabad & Nariman Asadi.
- 5. Orkid catering
Mr. & Mrs. Rezaie
- 6. Senses Cultural team members
- 7. Maryam Jabbari who’s efforts and dedication made so much possible.